Works similarly to the get command, except that the destination is restricted to a local file reference
hadoop copytolocal copy file from HDFS to the local file system.
Usage: hadoop fs -copyToLocal [-ignorecrc] [-crc] URI <localdst>
--The -ignorecrc option is used to copy the files that fail the crc check. The -crc option is for copying the files along with their CRC.
- hadoop fs -copyToLocal /user/hadoop/hadoopdemo/sales salesdemo
- hdfs dfs -copyToLocal data2.txt data2.copy.txt
If you face any problem in hadoop copytolocal command here is full explaination of copytolacal command
How to copy file from HDFS to the local file system??
- bin/hadoop fs -get /hdfs/source/path /localfs/destination/path
- bin/hadoop fs -copyToLocal /hdfs/source/path /localfs/destination/path
- Point your web browser to HDFS WEBUI(namenode_machine:50070), browse to the file you intend to copy, scroll down the page and click on download the file.